Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring Group Overflow point then hang up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danramirez

Programmer
Oct 25, 2009
ES
Hi,

MiVB 9.1

Customer has got a Ring Group with Call Coverage to play greetings while callers are waiting. Customer is asking that after 120 seconds the call simply hangs up.

How do I accomplish this? I find no way to hang up the call. I have tried to send it to an Overflow point that is out of service but the call simply stays in the Ring Group.

Any idea? Please don't ask why the customer wants this, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Thank you,

Daniel

I have not come across such a request, however, try overflowing it to an ACD path where the "Dummy" Agent Group has the option "Queue Callers To Group When No Local Agents Are Logged In and Present" is set to No. This will force the call down the Path Unavailable, just leave this option blank which will force the call to clear down.

Before doing this make sure Call reroute is set to 1 for all re-route options on this RG.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

Hi Valamagules,

It didn't quite worked but great idea. If I do what you suggested the number is out of service but it doesn't clear the call.

I did exactly what you suggested but the unavailable directory I set it to a RASD then it hanged up.

cheers.

daniel

Thanks Daniel, good to know.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back