Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring Down Circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine52

Vendor
Nov 10, 2005
US
Has anyone been able to succesfully install ring down circuits on an IP Office. I can recieve calls on the ring downs fine, but when I go off hook, either via a short code, or line appearence of the ring down circuit, it just gives back dial tone(I'm assuming this is IPO dial tone). Anyone have any thoughts?

Figure it out damn-it!

You need to create a user short code in the profile of ?D, feature "Dial Direct", then put the extension you want to dial in the telephone number field. Then when you go off hook it will dial.

ACA
ACS
CompTIA Convergence+
CCNA
CCVP

You need to create a user short code in the profile of ?D, feature "Dial Direct", then put the extension you want to dial in the telephone number field. Then when you go off hook it will dial. "

I think the OP is trying to use a telco ringdown circuit, not make his/her own.

It strikes me that you should be able to make a shortcode that picks up the trunk and dials a digit (even though you don't need a digit)- just so IPO feels like it has done its job. Best way to test is use a test set right on the ringdown and monitor progress.
Mike

mforrence is correct. It's a telco ring down circuit. We have further progressed and when I pick up the ring down, and press a single digit on the key pad, it will connect after about a second. When we are on the circuit w/ a butt set and access the circuit, we can hear it immediately ring the circuit, but yet the IPO is still giving dial tone. The IPO is definately putting its own dial tone in front of the trunk because I don't think the IPO knows what to do w/ the circuit. Need to figure out how to make the IPO bypass putting its own dial tone in front of the trunk.

Figure it out damn-it!

We use ringdown circuits all the time at sporting events into an IPO. Create a Line Appearance button for the analog port that the ringdown is connected to, and use that to seize the line. I also set the ARS to not provide internal dial tone. (I'm not in front of the system at the moment, so the exact settings escape me.)

tkline98, I think that is the right path. I turned off the secondary dial tone on the main ARS pattern and this did not effect it. Do you build a seperate ars pattern w/ each ring down in it?

Thanks for the help.

Figure it out damn-it!

If you get this working, please post how. I have a client that uses ring downs and they currently have to pick-up, dial a digit, then it connects. I tried to figure a way to accomplish it without the digit being dialed, but was unsuccessful myself.

The system is on a mobile TV production truck, and I often have different groups of users on the truck at a given day. They want the system to resemble a key and lamp system for simplicity, and they only have analog lines. We do use SCN to tie this truck into a larger company system via VPN.

I have the system set up this way:

The phones have one call appearance on the first button, then the rest are line appearances to grab the analog line directly and so they can join an existing call with other users easily.

For each line, set the prefix to "9". Under the Analogue Options tab, set the trunk type to Loop Start so that it does not wait 3-4 seconds for the Caller ID that will never come with a ringdown. Make sure Secondary Dial Tone is unchecked.

I have a system short code 9N; Dial; N; 50:Main

The ARS 50:Main has the Secondary Dial Tone unchecked, and has these short codes:
11; 911; Dial Emergency; 0
911; 911; Dial Emergency; 0
N; N; Dial; 0

One other change I made was to set all but the first 4 lines to have a different outgoing group ID so that a user can just pick up the phone and dial 9 for an outside line using the call appearance. (First 4 lines use group 0, which is what the short codes point to.) The problem I was having was not all 16 lines may have dial tone at a given location, so they system would time out waiting for a line when there was no dial tone on it. Now, the system picks from the first 4 lines, which usually always have dial tone. If they want to use line 5, they can simply select that line appearance.

I welcome comments from the group if there was an easier way to achieve this.

tkline98, what you describe will not work for us. Thanks for the effort.

We are currently stuck w/ just accessing the line, pressing a digit, and off it goes. This is the best I can come up w/. Hopefully my distibutor is going to open up a ticket w/ Avaya and a fix will be had. Apparently there is a fix for it in R5.20. Somehow they didn't carry it over to R6.08. I don't think the IPO has any idea what to do w/ the circuit and thats why it sticks dial tone in, and when you press a digit, it releases the dial tone. Thats my take. If I find a fix, I'll post it. Thanks for the responses.

Figure it out damn-it!

6.0.14 Fixed this issue for anyone who cares.

Figure it out damn-it!

So when you grab a line you are going right to the dialtone on the line instead of system dialtone?>

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

It's a ring down cirucit. The way they are supposed to work is as soon as you go off hook, it immediately rings the other end. This was not occuring. No system dialtone, just press the line appearence button and it rings like it should.

Figure it out damn-it!

buddddayyyy i just posted that thar same thing up top fixed the issue like nobody's bizzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back