Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ring Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevcomm

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2006
Hi,

I am not sure if I am supposed to use DRT or some other method, but this is what I have, and want to do.

I have a CICS with 7.1 software. I also have a Bogen C35 amp that is connected to a few horns in the warehouse area. If the receptionist goes for a smoke break, she would like the warehouse to be blasted with a tone so they can stop what they are doing and go answer the phone, so she can continue smoking. So I need extension 221 to ring 2 times, and then ring some of the other phones, as well as the paging amp. I know I can setup a hunt group for the other phones... but it doesn't seem to roll over after 15 or 30 seconds. Perhaps I am doing something wrong?

Would I hook the paging amp's phone port up to the ATA on the CICS?

Am I making this way more complicated than it really is?

:)

What I usually do in a situation like this is to turn the
Aux. ringer on a set that doesn't usually get incoming calls.Than just call forward 221 to the phone.

Simple solution!! Tell her to quit smoking and answer the phone :)

If she answer the phone consistently while she is at her desk, I would suggest building a ringing group and turn on aux. ringer and when she goes to take her smoke break just put the "smoke break" service on. It should ring the phone and the ringing/paging system.

I personally do not see the point of making her phone ring two times (when she isn't at her desk) then go to wherever it needs to ring.

NTL555

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back