Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ring cycle options

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
I need to set one of my phones to ring about 20 times before going to the operator. I know I can change one of the CFN options in the CDB but I have about seven hundred employees and don't want to change a CFN that may have been specifically set to something else for a reason. is there any way for me to print which sets are set to RCO 0, 1 and 2 or must I print each and every set? Thanks for your help.

AND WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD LET A PHONE RING 2 MIN.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

The max ringing cycles you can set your RCO's to is 15,approx. 90 sec's

Not only that, but who the heck would stay on the line that long listening to ringing? 5 or 6 rings and I'm hanging up.

In defense of coniglio, I have locations that normally are not manned that I call modems at to gather info. I want those phones to ring 10 times before the modem answers. The idea being that users, if there, can use the phone as normal without the modem being involved, but eventally the modem will kick in.

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO CONTROL THE MODEM, NORMALLY WHEN RI GOES HIGH AND YOU HAVE DTR HIGH, MODEM ANSWERS AT THAT POINT

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

I can't figure out how to find this in LD 81. I should've said that in the beginning. My manager is requesting this for his own ext. thanks in advance for your help.

If You must have the set to keep ringing and ringing,
here's how You can do it:
Lets say the DN you want to ring is 1234.
Make a Phantom DN (e.g.6543) with DCFW to 1234
then on the TN of 1234 set CLS = FNA and FDN 6543.
Now calls that comes to the 1234 extension will
ring there until the RC0 timer times out, then they
will be forwarded to the Phantom 6543 DN, the Phantom DN
will return it back to 1234 immediatly, and it will
continue ringing there until RCO times out again
and it all start over again.
It will ring and ring and ring for as long as anyone is willing to sitt and wait for an answer.
You can barely notice the callforwarding on the set
during the ringing.
Good luck :)

thank you geirendre, but I think we are going to go with the 15 rings. PerryPJ, would you tell me how to list the RCOs in LD 81? I don't see anything in LD 81 referencing RCO. Thank you.

you can set the number of rings before a modem will pick up

I think its ATS0=xx where xx is the number of rings

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

we have an extension that rings on eight phones that I set up as a hotline for my boss to get us. However, he has since decided to start forwarding his phone to this DN so that all of us become answering services for him. If none of us answer it after 15 rings we need it to go back to our switchboard. It's not for modems. And I know it's going to ring too much and callers are going to get frustrated but I need to set it up this way nevertheless. So I'd like to make this DN's TN (I set up a dummy 500 TN) ring 15 times but before I change one of the CFN options in CDB I need to see who is set to what RCO/CFN. Thanks for your help everyone.

Hello,

The RCO option can not be listed with overlay 81.

If you want to see witch telset uses witch RCO i should print out a TNB and convert this text file to a excel-sheet. This sheet you can order in everyway you want.

So, and overview of all the telsets with RCO 2 is very easy to make with this way.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back