Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Riloe-II Cards and non-Compaq/HP Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsp1965

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2003
CA
Folks I have been tasked to have Riloe cards installed on a couple of Sun v40 and v20 AMD Opteron servers. Although I know the Riloe cards are OS agnostic, are they also server hardware agnostic meaning do they support other h/w besides HP/Compaq. Please advise. Thank you.

Regards

Terry

You will obviously not get the full functionality of the card as there will not be any OS drivers for the different hardware, but the basic functions of the card should work.

When I have been testing, I have used RILOE cards in IBM and Dell PCs. You can connect to the RILOE and view whatever is on the screen, but the extra functionality such as remote reboots/power down and up is lost (because there is nowhere to connect the cable to). I guess that if you are insistent on having RILOE cards in these servers, you will just have to try it and see.

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back