Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rights to rejoin computer to domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtoledo

Technical User
Aug 22, 2002
US
I have a user that has the need remove and rejoin his computer from our W2K AD domain. (Based on other outside stuff this individual supports, complex long story).

The user has administrative rights to his PC. Right now he has the ability to remove his PC form the domain. (But it will give him an error that the PC object could not be deleted....)

How can I allow him to re-add his PC back do the domain with out giving him rights across the board to add PC's to the domain.

just a suggestion...maybe make another connection in the network settings that he can enable while @ work and disable while away...that is the way i have my laptop.

The only way that i've ever heard of someone being able to do this is eather being an Administrator on the server or i belive you can create an "AD" Admin account. I will do some more checking into this and let you know what i find out. :)

by design, you need to be domain admin to do this.

mvh Nicolai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back