Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Right Margin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas

Programmer
Sep 20, 1999
US
I am having trouble with VFP in printing forms on a dot matrix printer that requires printing past postion 80. I am using 10 cpi and the driver used is the generic/text only. I can get the line to print once but on subsequent forms the line is truncated. I have sent commands to the printer to set max lenght at 132 characters but is still truncates after 80 . Would like to solve this.<br>
<br>
Thanks

If you are not printing in landscape, then I'd try switching the print to 12cpi, which will give you 16 more characters per line.<br>
<br>
You might also check to see whether your margins are being set back after the first line prints.<br>
<br>
I hope this helps. I don't have any more specific ideas about this problem. It's been a while since I've had to play with hard-coded print commands and dot-matrix printers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back