Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Right Fax not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

skipclarin

Technical User
Dec 22, 2004
US
Does anyone out there know anything about Right Fax. I have a G3r that a Right fax is attached to. This is a Right Fax test box. The Right fax production box is working properly. I thought that I mirrored the Right Fax Production Trunk Group. I know that the Test box Trunk Group proper is exactly like the Production box. I have the telephone numbers programmed exactly the same as those going into the Production box. The only thing is I do not know what "TAC" stands for, nor do I know how to program the "TAC". "TAC" would be in the programming of the Trunk Group. I can not use the same "TAC" as the Production box (I have tried (NO Dice)). How do I find out what that does , or how do I program that part.

Any help at all would be good here. Take a stab in the dark if you'd a mind to.
Thanks in advance.

TAC = Trunk Access Code.

It is a number sequence used to access a particular Trunk group without ARS or AAR in other words it allows you to directly pull dial tone from a TG. They are unique to each trunk group so you cannot use the same number for two different ones.

The TAC is programmed in only one place and that is on the first page of the TG form. The usable number range for a TAC code number is defined in your Dial Plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back