Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rid Queue of bogus domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadduci

MIS
Nov 6, 2002
US
Hello,
Can anyone tell me how to simplify my queue listing in Exchange 2000. I am seeing nearly 300 domains that I do not recognize and all discuss enumerating messages when I go into each queue. I cannot seem to get this list of queues back down to the "normal" amount...

I have no reason to suspect any comprimized accounts or relay openings as I have checked...

Can anyone assist?

Well, if they are bogus, or a result of spam or realy, you will need to enumerate them and delete the messages.
You could also (temp,) pull down your time-outs, so they will clear faster.
And turn OFF NDR's to the internet, they are mostly to blame for this.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do You Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

Thanks for your quick reply... When I try to enumerate I just get a message: Enumerate messages from the queue node and I am simply right clicking on the branch name of the queue beneath the queues on the left hand pane of the screen... Am I in the right place?

Where do I go to to turn off NDR's to the internet again?

Thanks
Tony

Open System Manager - Global Settings - Internet Message Formats - properties for the Default Recipient policy - Advanced.
Disable all 'Allow..' lines.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do You Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

Trying it now... We shall see... I will post more tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back