Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ricoh Aficio 270 Network Scanning Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

gntech

MIS
Aug 24, 2003
US
I was wondering how to set up network scanning properly for an Aficio 270 on a Windows 2000 network. The documentation/knowledge base on Ricoh's website is paltry. All that I've found from Ricoh is a Q&A that tells you to utilize the TWAIN driver for network scanning. That's all it says. I've tried installing the TWAIN Driver Ver.2 that I downloaded from Ricoh's website onto a Windows 2000 computer, but I get an error message when I try to scan from any program (because it doesn't have an actual scanning program of its own).

For example, with Microsoft Photo Editor, after I select the scanner resource (TWAIN driver), and go to "File" then "Scan Image", I receive a 'TWAIN Driver Ver.2' error message that says: "12320: Power off or cable problem. Check the scanner." After I click OK, I get a 'Microsoft Photo Editor Acquisition Error' that states: "TWAIN Cannot Open Data Source. Please reinstall your scanner software." The printer portion was easily installed and works fine, by the way.

I have tried reinstalling the TWAIN driver, but it doesn't help. I have installed the ScanRouter Lite Ver.2 on one of the Windows 2000 Servers and the DesktopBinder Lite on the desktop that I was trying to get everything set up on. These programs have very little documentation, but I have tried scanning from and got no luck. Is there any documentation that is out there elsewhere or anyone else who has had this problem? Its very urgent for me to get this resolved, so any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

What we're working with here:

Ricoh Aficio 270
Windows 2000 Server/Professional
TWAIN Driver Ver.2
Microsoft Photo Editor (or anything else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back