Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rich Text Editor error

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoKnowz

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2005
CA
Hi,

On my SharePoint web site, when I try to edit a Basic Page by clicking on the "Edit content" button, the Rich Text Editor opens with an error message stating "Cannot open the Rich Text Editor".

On the other hand, I have successfully edited the same Basic Page when I tried this on the computer where I have installed Windows SharePoint Services.

What's the problem ? Any idea ?

Thanks for your help.

Have not seen this before but assuming that you are logging onto each machine the same. I would start by looking to see if notepad, or wordpad is installed on the PC.
OR I would check and make sure the internet options are the same on both computer.

GL
Brian

Check on IIS if u are running the virtual server over an especific IP address. If so, change it to All addresses

Thanks for your help.

quijiboo, can you explain me how to check the setting you are talking about ?

Open IIS Manager (Start> All Programs> Administrative tools> Internet Infomations Server manager)Open your server name, Open Web Sites Folder, rigth clic on teh virtual server name (ex Default).

On the Web site tab, identify the field IP Address it should be set to (All unassigned)

Hope this helps

Thanks for your help.

The setting was already set to "(All unassigned)".

Is there something else I can try ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back