Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rich ringtones are available, but don't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScratchComm

Systems Engineer
Jan 29, 2019
US
Hello everyone! Hoping for a quick answer here. I can't find anything online, on the Avaya support site or otherwise...

I recently cut over a customer to an IP500v2, release 11.1, with mostly J159 sets, all SIP mode. Everything seems to be working fine except the rich ring tones. They are available in the phone menu as an option, but there's no audio at all when the customer activates them.

I've successfully upgraded the phone firmware to the latest 4.0.10 to fix a problem with the ethernet pass-through port, but this didn't fix the rich ring tones. I know that with the 9600 series phones, the rich ring tones were only supported in H323 mode. The J159 documents seem to show that the rich ring tones are supported in SIP mode.

Any ideas?

Downgrade the sets to 4.0.7 (or 4.0.5), then upgrade to 4.0.9, then to 4.0.10. That fixes it.
A permanent fix is coming out this month in 4.0.10.2 firmware.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Classic Avaya.....!

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Downgrade, then upgrade twice, back to the original version. Why didnt I think of that...

smh Avaya

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

The richtones are dumb anyways. Just use the 46xxspecials file to upload your own ringers.
I have the nokia, ericsson, iphone, and cisco ringers, as well as some dubstep beat on mine.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back