Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rich Edit problem on XP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

viorel15

Programmer
Oct 24, 2001
RO
The RichEdit control is limited to a number of chars. It seems that number is smaller under XP platform then Me platform.
My problem is that i have a big file and I can not load it into the RichEdit (on Windows Me works just fine).
So, what can I do?

viorel,

did you try sending the control an EM_EXLIMITTEXT message? The text below is from the MSDN library:

The EM_EXLIMITTEXT message sets an upper limit to the amount of text the user can type or paste into a rich edit control.

To send this message, call the SendMessage function with the following parameters.

SendMessage(
(HWND) hWnd, // handle to destination window
EM_EXLIMITTEXT, // message to send
(WPARAM) wParam, // not used; must be zero
(LPARAM) lParam // text limit
);
Parameters
wParam - This parameter is not used; it must be zero.
lParam - Specifies the maximum amount of text that can be entered. If this parameter is zero, the default maximum is used, which is 64K characters. A COM object counts as a single character.
Return Values - This message does not return a value.

Remarks
The text limit set by the EM_EXLIMITTEXT message does not limit the amount of text that you can stream into a rich edit control using the EM_STREAMIN message.

Before EM_EXLIMITTEXT is called, the default limit to the amount of text a user can enter is 32,767 characters.

Marcel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back