Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ribbon Customisation with VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

popper

Programmer
Dec 19, 2002
AU
I am trying to set up a customised ribbon in Microsoft Project 2010. Most of of it works fine but I am unable to get my dropdown button to function. Specifically, I cannot get the index of the selected item (or the item number for that matter) to be returned.

I get an 'Automation Error' with the OnAction subroutine as shown below but if I remove the parameters, the routine fires but of course I cannot retrieve any selection information. I would really appreciate some guidance here. I have tried everything I have seen online but nothing has worked.

The relevant fragment of my XML code is: (I am getting VBA to generate the XML - hence the string-building form of the following line)

ribbonXml = ribbonXml + "<mso:dropDown id = ""AddModule"" imageMso = ""ModuleInsert"" getItemLabel = ""SetLabel"" onAction = ""DoSomething"" > "

and the callback routines are:

Sub DoSomething(control As IRibbonControl, SelectedID As String, SelectedIndex As Integer)
MsgBox (control.id) 'just to see if I can retrieve anything
ChosenItemID = SelectedID 'hoping this will contain the selected id
End Sub

and (do I really need this?)

Sub SetLabel(control As IRibbonControl, index As Integer, ByRef returnedval)
returnedval = ChosenItemID 'because this is what some post I read said to do
End Sub

ChosenItem is set up as a global variable in the module.

With thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back