Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RHCE study guide online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
experience more than books will allow you to pass the exam.
It is a very practical exam and at present no more multiple options.

Probably the toughest part is fixing/debuging broken installations and I believe that RH has produced a rpm that will "break" you machine and will allow you to ask for hints while fixing it.

I can do some search and see if I find the name of this tool.

Be ready with an install set, be familiar with rescue mode and working in chrooted environments.

QatQat

If I could have sex each time I reboot my server, I would definitely prefer Windoz over Linux!

I see.. where can you download that RPM? thanks Qat

Err... if you could download that RPM there wouldn't be much point in having a certification exam!! :)

Annihilannic.

Probably you are right Annihilannic, you cannot download it, but I have seen it in the lab in action. There are a number of recurring troubleshooting that they like to give you during the exam, generally all of them will make your machine unbootable.Unfortunately I have signed documents with redhat, stating that I would not disclose anythign about the exam so, I guess you need to study and practice.

Cheers

QatQat

If I could have sex each time I reboot my server, I would definitely prefer Windoz over Linux!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back