Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RH 9, KDE & Network Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a while since I have used RH, so I am not 100% sure of the location, but if you click the K and go to System, I thought that there was a Services application. It might be under More also.

Sorry!

pansophic

I think that I have a RH 9.0 machine at the office. I'll try to remember to check tomorrow.

Running SuSE now. Their YaST interface is much nicer than anything RH had. But I am still in an adjustment phase. Some of the applications that I used in RH I just can't find in SuSE. I know that I could download the source and compile, but it seems like slocate would be there. I'm using locate now, but my fingers seem to add the 's' a lot more frequently than I'd like. Maybe I'll just symlink it.

pansophic

Not on a redhat machine at the moment so try:

1. Open nautilus
2. in the address bar type:
smb:///

Good luck.
N

I did check my machines at work, but they are all running Gnome. No KDE install at all.

Sorry!

pansophic

I actually prefer KDE, and ran it on Redhat until the Fedora fiasco. Then I got SuSE and haven't looked back. SuSE runs KDE by default. Unfortunately, it uses YaST for configuration, so I don't recall where the Redhat utility was. But it IS there, because I have used it.

It may be under something like Runlevel Editor as well.

pansophic

Look for info services.

run as root. Have fun.

If in doubt, ifconfig it.

Got to a Fedora box today. What you are looking for is "System Settings," "Server Settings," and then "Services."

It allows you to modify a runlevel configuration.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back