Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RH 8.0 print to Windows Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

awreneau

Technical User
Mar 26, 2003
US
I have a Samba book Oreilly...so far it's excellent I've got samba up and running on one network however I'm doing a little something different now it may not work but I wanted to have you all review it.

The question is this, can a Linux box print to a shared printer that is on a Windows domain? The printer is behind a Axis printserver.

I was also thinking about sharing that printer on my Windows laptop and pointing my Linux box to that printer, will that work?

Thanks for the input.

Which one of me are you talking to?
My very own LUG!

I don't know what an Axis printserver is, so I can't answer that question. The second one will definitely work. If you have redhat 9, it has a nice gui for configuring this.
-Venkman

sorry about the redhat 9 comment, didn't read the title to see that you're running 8. I think the same printer gui is there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back