Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RFC: Paying a company to manage phone number reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlaurence

Programmer
Jan 18, 2008
US
So, I work for a company in healthcare and the issue we have is that our phone numbers are showing up on cell phones labeled as spam/scam likely/Robocall, etc.

We have been trying to combat this by registering our numbers with cell carrier sites like and have had some degrees of success, but our numbers tend to get re-labeled as spam and seems to be a very manual process with no real end in sight. We have a growing inventory of 200k+ phone numbers of which most calls are providers trying to reach their patients (no outbound soliciting done on our end).

In conversations with our carrier (ATT) we've been given presentations from a company (CSG) who provides the service of "Caller ID Reputation Management" and claims that they will manage this reputation for us, for a hefty fee of course.

I was wondering what others in our position have done and if anyone has direct experience with these "Caller ID Reputation" companies.

Cisco-CCNA; Avaya- ACSS

Man, I'm exactly in the same boat as you. But I'm lucky (?) in that nobody wants to spend a dime on anything telephony related.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Quick fix maybe is to get a SIP line from some carrier and log in to the admin page and forward it to your actual main number.
On your phone systems add that as the CLID.

Maybe best to get phone numbers, one for each site/district then have them all pointed to your main #.
This way you have several phone numbers calling out to patients instead of just one.

Is it a landline number or a toll free # that is tagged spam?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Same problem, We see it both ways. the biggest problem is that spammers hijack our CLID and it gets added to the spam registry. Same thing as you, we use that free caller registry but it's just a bandaid, after a while they will use the number again and it will get blocked again. I was going to make a new thread but saw this one. We're healthcare running Teams DR/CUCM hybrid in the cloud and also have a bunch of nortel/avaya/etc legacy stuff. I've been sending in those FCC complaint forms but realistically I never hear a call back.

As for outside phone reputation management companies, we haven't considered that at all. We're running over 90,000 DIDs and it's a mix of inbound, outbound, robotic appointment reminders, etc. Not sure we would even consider doing that, but the carriers/FCC I'm sure don't have the manpower to deal with so many complaints and I assume loads of orgs are having this same issue.

Any advise would be helpful, if anyone has thought of a reasonable solution. Spammers are just going to go to carriers who don't care about Shaken/stir and hyjack CLIDs all day.

Telecom Technician, Healthcare Enterprise
CS1k, Difinity, CUCM, Aura SM, Shortel, Teams, an Twilio (all at the same time)

I have the same problem, so I'm going to follow this thread. We do enough outbound calls that our calls are labeled as SPAM and our customers dont answer. My only fix for now is to change the outbound number when we get flagged as spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back