Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RFC: Cheetah Learning Vs. RMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsrinivasa001

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2003
US
Me and a few of my colleagues are embarking on the task of getting our certification. We have been looking into study materials and courses.

We were told of the courses offered by Cheetah Learning and the RMC Project Management. I would like to hear from those who have taken the courses on the pros and cons of both.

They are both excellent programs, however....

The RMC course puts the methodologies and exam requirements is such a concise, every-day use and format that my experience is about 95-97% of those who take their prep course pass on the first go. If you learn the RMC material, you pass the test. period.

The Cheetah course as I said is excellent as well, but requires a great deal more additional preparation before sending folks to the exam.

My experience is directly opposite of what is posted. I completed the Cheetah Learning course about a year ago. Almost everyone sat for the test the next day, as did I, and passed. I know on Rita's web site it says that you need to study an additional 30 hours or so after completing her course.

As I said, they are both excellent, and I cannot imagine either will fail you.

I saw this post and wanted to respond. First I would like to make it clear that I am an employee of Cheetah Learning. I believe there our a number of differences in the 2 programs and the fact that you actually take the test on the 5 day is an important factor. We work with you to ensure that you become certified in 5 days, no strings attached. Also take into consideration that Cheetah Learning's covers the costs of retakes if you do fail. If you have not done so already please take the time to download our toolkit. It is great resources regardless of whom you ultimately choose to use for your exam preparation.

Regards,

Rudi Mallant -CTO
Cheetah Learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back