Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rexx with DB2 and panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paolast

Programmer
Nov 6, 2002
ES
Hi, Everybody,

I have a Rexx program and I am trying that this rexx program displays the result of a query (DB2) in a panel.

I don't know, How can I display all records of that query in the panel?.

I will appreciate any example code of panels and Rexx/Sql program.
Thanks in advance,
Paolast

This is not a trivial task. REXX does not have a native interface to DB2 or VSAM. You cannot open a cursor and fetch rows iteratively without an external (possibly custom-built) interface. "Displaying on a table", further, probably means placing those rows into an ISPF table built for the purpose.

Well, but I don´t know how can I place the resulting rows of the select into a ISPF table and then display this table into a panel.

Can you give me an example of a Rexx program that runs it and its panel? Which is the sentense that does it?

Thanks in advance,
Paolast

The short answer is 'no'. Each site is different; some are unique. Datasetnames vary wildly from one to the other.

"DSN" is the name of the DB2 driver; there must be many examples at your own site which you could find and which would use the correct datasetnames for your installation. My installation does not use DB2 apart from a single, old application.

For ISPF tables, you should become conversant with TBCREATE, TBADD, TBMOD, TBDISPL, and TBSORT (among others).

One way of doing it would be write the entire resultant rows to a dataset and opne it in a Browse or a edit mode.

That is the output would be displayed as displayed in the SPUFI..

Thanks
Rajesh vemuri

Hi, I ve developped such panels years ago for Petrofina in Belgium . What I remember is we were invoking ispflink nad then access db2 with standard SQL with open cursor etc.... If you want more details let me know I will search my archivessssssssss. Pls reply to the folwg email (thb@neuronenet.com) By any chance have you ever integrated rexx (regina) within apache 2.0 (mod-rexx with regina rexx and not ibm rexx 2.0) ??? cheers thierry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back