Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REXX ISPF TBDISPL Panel shows blank rows

Status
Not open for further replies.

RinkuM

Programmer
Apr 18, 2020
IN
I am using the %exec option of SDSF ST panel.
My call to the exec goes fine where I create a ISPF table and add rows to the tables. I can see that the rows are getting added to the table.
At end I call the TBDISPL with Panel and the Panel also is displayed.
However no data is shown on the panel. Only blank rows.
Note that the number of lines in the panel are coming correctly and matches the number of TBADD I do in the exec.
I call the same exec directly and not from the SDSF ST panel using %exec, everything looks fine.
It's only when I am coming from SDSF ST panel, the values in the target panel becomes all blank.

Please do not plaster your query over every forum that you find. Use only one. If no response after a few (like 7) days then post elsewhere. All other postings of this topic I will delete.

Nic

I did some further investigating by saving the table.
What I observe is that when I run the rexx directly from command, the TBADD function adds the data and after TBSave I can see the data fine in the output table library.
However when I call the same exec from SDSF panel, the TBADD function executes with rc=0 , however it does not saves the values of the variables. It saves them all spaces. So when the TBDISPL panel is invoked, it also shows all blanks.
So I am not understanding why TBADD bevaiour differs when the same rexx code and data is executed from command prompt and when it is called from other panel like SDSF ST panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back