Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rexx In Natural Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunji4

Technical User
Aug 18, 2016
ZA
Does anyone know how to code rexx in natural session.

What is a "natural session". If you are referring to Adabas Natural then check in the manual for the product. If no mention then it is not possible. You will have to use conventional session for your environment.

Nic

Sorry I have not explained my query correctly. I am working in natural environment where I am not able to find place to write rexx. If I am trying in Natural session where Natural code is written Rexx cannot be written. So need to know if there is any way we can write Rexx code in Natural Session.

As long as you have a text editor you can write any program code. You then need access to a command line to execute it.
Are you working in a mainframe environment? If so you can run in foreground in TSO/ISPF or background via a batch job. On a PC you run from the command line. AS400 I do not know but suspect the command line.

Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back