Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REXX file system

Status
Not open for further replies.

senthiljith

Programmer
Feb 18, 2002
IN
Hi all
I am trying to code panels via rexx wherein, i encountered this RFS(rexx file system) but i don't have details abt it, can anyone help me on this
thanks for help

what you thing you are doing? I'm around 15 years bwtewwn panels, tables, rexx... and about RexxFileSystem at mainframe I did not hear til now.

mail to: ServiceProfessional@web.de

A trawl through my limited memory and a quick search on Google reveals RFS is a term used for at least two 'filesystems'.

One : RFS = Remote File System. A term used on unix systems.
Two : A CD-Rom filesystem.

Try :
I've also come across the ReiserFS filesystem (a linux filesystem) being refered to as RFS.

I've never heard of a 'Rexx File System' and doubt there is such a thing.

Hope this helps.

GOOGLE came up with this,

IBM REXX for CICS/ESA
... 40 cylinders of 3380 DASD are required. For an initial REXX File System (RFS) file
pool, an additional 40 cylinders are needed. Additional RFS file pool space ...
- 25k - Cached - Similar pages

You might chase that down; please keep us posted on what you find; I have worked
with REXX since day-one and never heard of it. [40 cylinders is a bunch]

bobh

RFS is part of IBM REXX for CICS/ESA, which is again part of CICS/TS available for the IBM operating systems zOS and VSE/ESA. There exists an extra REXX Guide among the manuals availabe for the CICS Transaction Server. This manual contains an extra chapter about the panel facility of REXX for CICS/ESA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back