Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rexx & db2, cancel threads 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivviva

Technical User
Aug 20, 2003
IT
hi all,
somebody knows if it's possible using rexx, cancel append threads on db2 (the result of -DISPLAY THREAD(*))
thanks
ivviva

REXX is a scripting language.

How would you do this in the absence of REXX? What host commands would you exercise? In which environment?

I suspect the answer is 'no' because the commands you want to exercise are usually issued within a particular 'environment' (DB2). Unless you can address to that environment, you won't be able to get your message where it needs to be.

Frank Clarke
Tampa Area REXX Programmers' Alliance
REXX Language Assn Listmaster

Iviva,
This was posted a while ago, so maybe you are not looking at this post - but I stumbled upon it and thought I would answer.

So, assuming a couple of things...

1. You are running the REXX in TSO or CGI.
2. You are running the REXX on a system that has direct access to the DB2 Subsystem.

You could use a Rexx like this....

/* rexx */
arg db2ssid command
x = outtrap("retline.","*","noconcat")
QUEUE command
QUEUE 'END'
'DSN S('db2ssid')'
x = outtrap("off")
do i = 1 to retline.0
lineout = retline.i
say i">>"lineout
end

To send a Db2 command to the DSN TSO command processor and display the output, so you could issue a "-dis thread(*)" to it and then do a "-cancel thread xxxxx" or whatever.

Hope that helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back