Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REX 3 syncing on Win CE 2.0 palmtop (off topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmonde

Technical User
Jan 5, 2002
IE
I know this is slightly off topic but since Starfish and Sidekick are intimately involved I hoped someone here might either have an answer or be able to suggest where to go.

I have a Franklin Rex 3 organiser. This is a PCMCIA card sized PDA which was originally a Starfish product and which uses Truesync to sync Sidekick data from a PC either via the PCMCIA slot or a plug in Serial cradle.

Here's the question. I read that it was planned to allow this syncing to work with Windows CE HPC handhelds too. I know that Hewlett Packard implemented it for some of their laptops but can't find any reference to it being an option on other handheld WinCE machines like my Phenom Express.

Thanks,
Roy Esmonde

Thanks Jim,

I had a look but I'll check it out again. I think my original question was really quite stupid. I thought it would be terrific to plug my REX 3 into the Phenom Express and sync contacts. Only problem is the Phenom won't run Sidekick 98. So it's a no go anyway.

Regards,

Roy Esmonde

Actually Esmonde the Computer/Handheld does not need to be running Sidekick AFAIK.
Trusync is a method of synchronising Files of any type and Starfish is pushing it as a method of Synching Handhelds so keep looking at that site I gave you and RexCentral too as they will surely know about it if it is possible.
Good luck
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back