Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Revised "How do I determine the Windows OS version?" FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stretchwickster

Programmer
Apr 30, 2001
GB
Hi people,

I have updated my How do I determine the Windows OS version? FAQ due to reading a short article on "Windows Versions" by Brian Long in The Delphi Magazine. The article pointed out the existence of some helpful Delphi global variables which negate the need for using an API call. It also gave information on obtaining special version/service pack information which I have included to provide a more comprehensive GetOS function. GetOS recognises the following Windows versions: 95 (inc. OSR2), 98 (inc. SE), ME, NT, 2000, XP, 2003 Server. Enjoy!

Clive [infinity]
Ex nihilo, nihil fit (Out of nothing, nothing comes)

Hi Clive

I have problems finding the FAQ. Could you post the exact URL?

Thanks!

Hi Again

Sorry, I just seem be blind. I found it.

Sorry...I should have posted a link to it: faq102-3232

Please give each FAQ in the FAQ section a rating as it provides valuable feedback to the author. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of each FAQ and clicking a number between 1 and 10. If you notice an error or have a more efficient method for doing the same thing then let the author know by clicking the "Send a Comment to ... About This FAQ" just below the rating options. This will help to keep the standards (of this forum's FAQ section) high. Personal thanks to those who have posted comments/improvements regarding my own FAQs (i.e. towerbase!!).

Clive [infinity]
Ex nihilo, nihil fit (Out of nothing, nothing comes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back