Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Revised FLA file, need heal loading extrenal SWF

Status
Not open for further replies.

infernos

MIS
Jun 27, 2007
CA
Hey,

I fixed my main .fla file so now its a bit more organized.
What I am trying to accomplish is to load an external .swf file in my main .swf file but for some reason it will not work.

On the _root I have one main mc called "main_mc". Inside that mc are a bunch of additional mc's that have tween animations within each one. I got the stop function to work when you rollover the mc's but what I need to do now is have each one load an external .swf file each time your rollover. I also need to mention that I need the external .swf to unload if you rollover a different mc.

Hope that makes sense.

You can take a look at the source file if you wish. I uploaded it here:

I added an external .swf file for test purposes called "loaded.swf".

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Can someone please take a look?
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Basically added a content_mc (empty container clip) on the main timeline, with the instance name of content_mc, and use this on your Bi button's script...

Code:
on (rollOver) {
		_root.stopAllClips(_root);
		_root.stopped = true;
		_parent._parent.content_mc.loadMovie("loaded.swf");
}

on (rollOut) {	
		_root.startAllClips(_root);
		_root.stopped = false;
		_parent._parent.content_mc.unloadMovie();
}

Works great... Although when you do load the actual (probably much heavier than this loaded.swf) external .swfs, you may have to add some preloader, as they will certainely not load as fast as this test loaded.swf on the initial download. When they're cached, it should work fine...

If you can't manage to re-create the above, hit my handle above this post, where you'll find an address. Mail me a request and I'll mail you the corrected .fla.

Regards. FLASH HELP - OPENED FOR BUSINESS!
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back