Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reverting to previous configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

intrepide

Technical User
Nov 25, 2002
CA
Here is the deal, I was having problems accessing the internet, it looked like the system was not recognizing my ethernet card. I reinstalled the driver and then all hell broke loose. Now the system is partially responding as if it was a new install of win2K. All of my software are still there but only partially on my desktop. When I try to access some of them (for example Skype) it reacts as if It was a new install and all of my previously input info is gone. Same with others (Messenger, Ivisit,etc.) Even Explorer's favorites is basicly blank. What gives ? Is there a way to back track like XP to a previous configuration ?

Thx for the help !

Restore is only available on Windows ME and Windows XP. You will have to get software to do backup. You can Google for the different software vendors that provide backup programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back