Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Revert to older data :( 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccTexas

Technical User
May 18, 2006
US
I was screwing around having a problem(which I know better than to do) by making a bunch of little changes. Now it is printing more tickets, different color screens, etc.- a whole bunch of things that I won't remember what I changed.

Can't I just copy in the contents of the dated directory from a known good date (assuming no changes to anything important) and wait for refresh or end of day and database will be as it was?

FYI - we don't use Aloha for timekeeping

Alternatively I was just going to copy in the dbf files that did change into New Data - will this work?

Aloha Manager V 18.5.02720
Aloha POS Version 12.3.70

you can dump the database and import a previous day.

This must be run from an elevated dos prompt. Replace C with D if Aloha is installed on D
c:\bootdrv\cfc\instoreinstaller\instoredatabaseinstaller\aeminstoredatabaseinstaller.exe /deleteonly
c:\bootdrv\cfc\instoreinstaller\instoredatabaseinstaller\aeminstoredatabaseinstaller.exe /installstandalone

Relaunch Aloha Manager, first user/ pass is user 1 pw 111
Then run import and point to the C:\BootDrv\CFC\Backups
use last one of the 3 days good data

Go through the prompts and you are back. This is also a good idea to do before making any changes, Make a backup of your data under Utilities. If all work fails its easy to go back to what you were working with prior. Not like old Aloha where you could just copy dbf and INI files

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Ross - does it matter what time of day or before end of day is better? Or does it really matter?

Carolyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back