Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Revert DN to Cell Phone/Voice Mail Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell

Technical User
Jul 13, 2006
US
CallPilot 2.01. I have an intermittent problem involving Revert DN to some cell phones. The idea is that when the caller presses 0, the call is transferred off-net to a cell phone. That part of it works fine. The cell phone rings, if you answer, the call is there, etc.

The problem occurs when the cell phone is not answered. And the problem varies by cell carrier/type of service.

For example, on a CDMA Sprint cell phone, when the cell phone is not answered, CallPilot jumps back onto the scene (it never really released the call). It beeps and says "Your command cannot be completed at this time, please try again later." If you wait a bit it lets you log in to your CallPilot mailbox, press 0 for the attendant, etc. This problem always occurs on the Sprint CDMA cell phone I tested with.

However, an AT&T Wireless GSM cell phone only exhibits this problem about half the time. The other half of the time, the unanswered cell phone goes successfully to the cell phone's voice mailmox.

On an AT&T Wireless CDMA phone, the problem is non-existant. It works correctly every time. Likewise, on a Verizon CDMA phone, it works correctly every time. When I say "works correctly" I mean the call goes to the cell phone's voice mailbox. Once I send the call off-net, I want it to stay off-net.

Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back