Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reverse DNS Lookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bremmerz

MIS
Apr 10, 2002
GB
Hi,

Could anyone tell me if Reverse DNS Lookup is enabled by default in IIS 5.0?

TIA,

Kris. If someone annoys you, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you'll be a mile away from them, and you'll have their shoes :eek:)

What do you mean? What's the link between reverse DNS lookup and IIS?
Reverse DNS lookup you will have if your DNS server has such a reverse lookup zone. Gia Betiu
giabetiu@chello.nl
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, soon MCSE2k

FTP servers (in this case IIS) can be set to only accept connections from hosts that have a valid reverse DNS.

I'm trying to find out if IIS does this by default. I know there is a way to add this functionality via the metabase, but I'm unsure if this feature is enabled by default when you install IIS 5.0

I imagine it's not, since you have to mess with the metabase in order to enable it, but I was just wondering if anyone could confirm this for me quickly. If someone annoys you, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you'll be a mile away from them, and you'll have their shoes :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back