Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reusing tapes from Media Pool Scratch set

Status
Not open for further replies.

enoughisenough

Technical User
Jul 6, 2005
HR
Hi, I've been using CA ARCserve from recently, and I'm not sure how to do the following:
I've created Media Pool containing two tapes with the same media name, retention time is 14 days. The idea is that on one tape is to be written as long as there is free space (estimated three to four weeks), and than another tape from the pool is to be taken. After two weeks the old tape is to be moved to Scratch set and automatically reused when needed. So far it happens that the old tape goes to Scratch set after two weeks, but cannot be reused untill manually formated. I tried with checking both options for overwriting additional media in Backup Media tab, even tried 'Distinguish media by name only', but nothing works, I must format the tape manually so it can be reused.
Can it be done the way I imagined it to work, and if so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back