Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reusable session

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpmINFO

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2004
US
I am trying to use the same mapping for several sessions in several mappings.
My question is if all the workflows are started together, will this impact the performance.
can some suggests me if it is advisable to use same mapping for several sessions.
When should I switch between multiple mappings for multiple sessions vs single mapping for multiple sessions, is there a break even point?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,
you can use the same mapping in several reusable sessions and workflows. A mapping is stored in thre repository. As soon as a workflow/session task starts, the metadata is fetched from the repository and instanciated for this session task run. Two session tasks in several workflows are separate processes. They are in general independent.

Whether it makes sence to use the same logic on possibly the same sources and targets is another question. But of course using the same mapping in parallel is only senseful when you access different tables using overwrite mechanism.

Regards
Dieter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back