Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Returns Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwells

Programmer
Oct 2, 2012
CA
Hi,

I know some of my questions can be a bit novice, but I don't have anyone to consult with so I'm looking for some best practices advice on here. Let me present a scenario:

Receipt 1 widget, then perform a return for that receipt for the 1 widget. The receipt and the return both remain "incomplete" in the system.

Is there no way to "complete" both of these documents in the system during this step or is it always necessary to then invoice the receipt for 1 widget and then credit the return for the amount of the widget? In reality, sometimes when you receive goods and ship them back you then cancel the order after the fact. If I change the quantity cancelled to 0, then I will need to go in and credit the return. Regardless of whether the order is cancelled or not, it seems to me as though the user will need to receipt the item again anyway if the goods are reshipped so keeping this receipt "incomplete" seems inefficient at best.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back