Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Returning Values from Sub-Report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

amoeba102

Programmer
Apr 2, 2002
US
Using Crystal Reports 8.5 -- I want to pass a field value from a sub-report back to the main report. It seems as though it should be fairly straight-forward, but I'll be darned if I can make it work. I've tried using a formula with the same name in the main and sub-reports(with shared variables), and linking on that field, but if that's the right thing to do, I've done it wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated

put the subreport in a subsection ahead of the formula in the main report when using shared variables Jim Broadbent

I am very new to CR and I am using CR 8.5. What I need to do is very similiar, if not exactly as previously described. I need to provide a listing on Inventory Items grouped by Product Code. I have this part working. However, I need to display the percentage of product code valuation/total inventory valuation on each group line. I only want to display the group line information, no detail lines.

How do I use the grand total from a subreport as part of the calculation if I am not displaying the detail lines? A little bit you, a little bit me. [hippie]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back