Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Returning values “greater than” question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyder757

Technical User
Aug 29, 2002
US
Basically I’ve got a query that returns the values of anyone who has tested greater than the value of a combo box. For this I use:

>([Forms]![Rpt_Form]![Score Type 1]-0.01)
>([Forms]![Rpt_Form]![Score Type 2]-0.01)

Each employee has the option of two test types. So I’ve got 2 of the above statements for each of the score types.

The problem is if a user selects the a value out of the Score Type 1 drop down but doesn’t select a value from the Score Type 2 drop down nothing will be returned. I need to write some sort of blanket statement that will return all values unless otherwise noted.

Any suggestions?

Where is the source of the test scores? Are they in seperate fields in a table?

Yes. My table looks like this:

Employee Name
Department
Score Type 1
Score Type 2

So records would be like:
J. John, Sales, 5, 1
B. Brad, Sales, 3, 4
K. Johnson, Sales, 9,

I would need to view K. Johnson even though they didn't have a second test score.

If I understand correctly by adding
Or is Null should return what you want.

Criteria for Score Type 1
>([Forms]![Rpt_Form]![Score Type 1]-0.01) Or Is Null

Criteria for Score Type 2
>([Forms]![Rpt_Form]![Score Type 2]-0.01) Or Is Null

I've tried that, and while it works, it then gets into another problem.

I'd need ot be able to toggle that "Is Null" status from the form.

Possible?

I'm not following what the form is used for besides criteria for your query. Does your user set the values for the two fields in each record? For instance would they set the first box to 5 and the second one to 1 for John and then move to the next record for Brad and set them 3 and 4, and then when they only put a value in the first box for Johnson this is where we could put a validation to prevent the user from going to the next record until the second combo has a value. Let me know if this is correct or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back