Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Returning to conference after a new party diverts to voicemail or n/a

Status
Not open for further replies.

odiefoxydog

Technical User
Feb 5, 2008
GB
Hi,
We were having problems with a Polycom 7000 conference unit creating conferences of more than 3 parties on a 3300
I enabled system override device option in sip capabilities and we could then create conferences over and above the 3 party bridge on the Polycom using the system FAC

However, if you tried to bring in a party that diverted to voicemail or didn't answer I couldn't drop that party and get back to the conference call.

I've also replicated the problem using an analogue extension on the 3300 (to confirm if it was a SIP or system problem)as below:

Extension 5902 on call reroute on busy to VM

Analogue extension calls several non busy extensions and conference call set up fine using recall and conference FAC. Analogue extension calls busy extension 5902 and gets rerouted to voicemail.

On getting voicemail tried the following:

1. Recall - call hold retrieve - go back to conference but call to vm port doesn't drop so when analogue extension hangs up VM port added to conference

2. Hang up - vm port gets transferred to conference

3. recall - conf split - get nu if more than 2 parties already on conference, if split to vm port and hang up then vm port transferred into conference.

I've also replicated this with an unanswered external party or mobile that goes to voicemail.

Any ideas?

Original fault on customers premises 3300 on rel 9, replicated on test system on MCD 4.2 sp2

Thanks Jules

Check your system options for

Maximum CO Trunks in a Conference =8

Maximum Parties in a Conference =8

Maximum Trunks in a Conference =8

Also have you tried disabling conference option on Vmail ports COS?

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

What happens is the voicemail has answered the call so you can use any form of call retrieve. You need to drop the connection to the voicemail. From a multiline phone thats pretty easy but a single line will not work becuase there is no "cancel" key like a multiline. Maybe others have more productive ideas.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

With an analog phone when you hit a busy destination or their voicemail when trying to conference:

1. Press Flash or flash the switchhook.

2. Dial the Force Party Release feature access code. (default *42)

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions, Lowradiation the force party release works for the analogue scenario. However, when I try that on the Polycom 7000 I get the Polycoms NU tone back and if I hang up the called party gets transferred into the conference.

Sip device capabilities as attached

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance
Julie

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24023602/SIPDev_201111181927.csv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back