Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Returning CF coder looking to jumpstart site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash30

Technical User
Mar 4, 2005
US
I was an early adopter of CF from it's original release under Allaire, but haven't touched it for years.

Also used FuseTalk when it came out and wasn't so damn expensive...

I am looking for something like FuseTalk to use as a framework that has forums and security built in.

Having seen all the CMS like WordPress, Drupal and Joomla that have a LOT of free plugins and frameworks, I am wondering if there are any free FuseTalk-like forum frameworks?

And Blue Dragon, any advice on this? I thought a couple years ago it was free, but I see now that it is unless you actually deploy something. Wasn't the point of using it instead of CF, the fact that it was free? I am wondering why it would be an advantage to develop and use if I still have to buy it to release a small site to the world...

I am not trying to sound cheap. I would like to develop a small CF or similar site and not have to build everything from scratch and I am not a big company that can afford even the base packages. Just an independent trying to recapture and rejuvenate lost/forgotten CF skills...

I would love some experienced views/advice on this if you care to opine. :)

TIA

If you've been out of CF that long you might spend some time reading the form elements docs on adobe. You may find that you don't need a framework as they are very robust compared to your previous experience. It's worth a shot compared to spending $$$ for features you may not need.

Lyndon

---People Remember about 10% of what you say ---They never forget how you made them feel. Covey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back