Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

returning a result set from a stored procedure thru ODBC driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

nychic

Programmer
Nov 13, 2002
US
I am attempting to call a stored procedure that resides on our IBM DB2 database, but am getting an error when I try to open it.

I placed a BDE stored procedure component on my form (TStoredProc) and a database component (TDatabase). When I call a procedure that takes one input parameter and returns an output parameter, it executes fine and returns the output parameter, so I believe my driver settings are correct. However, when I call the procedure that returns a result set, it gives the error, 'Error Creating Cursor Handle', when I do an 'Open' (StoredProc1->Open()). If I call this same stored procedure from within the SQL explorer window, using a 'CALL' statement, it does execute (although it doesn't show me the result set). Any suggestions on what I can try to get this to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back