Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

returned mail from multiple domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2007
US
One of my domains is having intermitant mailer-daemon falures. the folowing are all the messages from different domains he's emailed. I have 300+ domains and this is the only one with the problem. I checked my Bind DNS servers/entries and all is good. I published PTR records also - the only thing I can think is maybe domainkeys or DKIM? but sometimes the mail will deliver. weird.
any advice so appreciated!

wz@dc.rr.com>:
Connected to 24.28.204.24 but greeting failed.
Remote host said: 421 #4.4.5 Too many connections to this host.
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

wn@concertrealty.com
64.18.5.10 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 451 Can't connect to concertrealty.com - psmtp Giving up on 64.18.5.10.
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

n@mammothmarketing.com
Sorry, I couldn't find any host by that name. (#4.1.2) I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

2@msn.com
Connected to 65.54.245.72 but sender was rejected.
Remote host said: 550 Your e-mail was rejected for policy reasons on this gateway. Reasons for rejection may be related to content such as obscene language, graphics, or spam-like characteristics (or) other reputation problems. For sender troubleshooting information, please go to Please note: if you are an end-user please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for assistance.

e@ehlinedevco.com>:
Connected to 208.97.132.73 but connection died. (#4.4.2) I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

que@yahoo.com>:
Connected to 216.39.53.1 but greeting failed.
Remote host said: 421 Message from (66.109.105.194) temporarily deferred - 4.16.50. Please refer to I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back