Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retry DTS Job after 5 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guiderman

MIS
Jan 16, 2003
CA
I am getting a file via FTP, but if the file is old, then I want to retry the job after 5 minutes. I also want to limit the number of repeated attempts to ten.

I thought I'd seen an ActiveX script that would do this, but now I can't find it. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Have a part of the DTS package log into the database and add a one time job schedule using the sp_add_jobschedule, of if you want to get really fancy, have two schedules. One to go off at the same time every day, and a second one which you keep disabled. When the package needs to be restarted enable the disabled schedule, and reset the schedule for 10 minutes later using the sp_update_jobschedule procedure. If the run time is 100 minutes or greater after the start time of the first job, disable the second schedule instead of reseting the time.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back