Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retrospect and Exabyte EXB-10e

Status
Not open for further replies.

250LWB

MIS
Jun 27, 2002
US
I have the following setup:

Win98SE
QLogic FAST SCSI adapter
Retrospect 5.6 Server
Exabyte EXB-10e
- or -
Exabyte EXB-10i (both set for random operation)

Retrospect plays nice with other autoloaders I have (ADIC) without any problems. When I try and run the Exabyte autoloaders on this system they show up, run through a magazine scan and all slots and the drive show up.

When I attempt to load a tape with Retrospect the loader will go through what appears to be the scan process. It will go to each slot, remove the tape, put it back and move to the next slot. Never will it attempt to open the drive door and move a tape into the drive. I've tried it with the drive door open, too.

The same problem manifests itself with either model autoloader which makes me suspect the autoloaders.

However. . .

If I run Exabyte's "Expert" diagnostic software the drives and autoloaders process all commands without a problem, including pick and place as well as loading and unloading the drive.

So that points me back at Retrospect. Both of these devices are approved and tested by them without any exceptions.

I'm confused. Help.

250LWB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back