Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retrospect 6.5 - need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcc

Programmer
Oct 12, 2001
US
We just recently moved to Retrospect 6.5 backup software and I need help getting my automated scripts to work right. We have one dedicated backup machine and three clients that get backed up. We use two external hard drives that we swap out weekly. What I'm trying to set up is a script that runs everyday. We start our "backup week" on Friday and want a full backup on Friday and incrementals the rest of the days. Then on Friday morning we swap out the drives and start again. The external drives have lots of room on them so we would like to keep about a month's worth of backups on each one. What I have tried doing is editing my script each Friday by giving it a new destination (called, for example, Sept 10-16). My problem is that on Monday morning Retrospect is waiting for me to tell it what drive the backup is supposed to go to. This means that my full backup didn't happen on Friday.

Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back