Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retrieving SAN info when ECC is unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3funct

MIS
Jul 13, 2000
US
Hi,

I just began supporting a customer remotely. They recently relocated their EMC SAN from Miami to Raleigh and after relocating EMC Control Center is not functional. I'm told that someone needs to re-install it, but they must be local to the server to do so. That is not currently an option for me, but I need to get information about the SAN for an upcoming project. I have SYMAPI 5.3.0.0 available to run queries, but there are some things I've never had to look for and I don't know what the best commands would be.
I'm looking to find out total storage on a DMX1000 and total available. I need to know if there is 1.5TB available now for use. I'd also like to know a quicker way of determining what LUNS are assigned to servers and where without having to run symmaskdb commands and comparing the output with the syminq (or sympd) output from the host.
Alternately, I'd like to just be able to use ECC and run Storage Scope. Is it necessary to be local to the server to install or re-install ECC? It's already on the box, if I click the 'run ECC' icon on the desktop I get the splash page to start it, but I get a 'connection refused' message after about 10-15 seconds.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

Monitor out of pixels, I'll need to go grab a box and fill'r up.

I fixed the problem, the RS232 cables were configure correctly, everything seem to be working and I can see all my LUN, thanks for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back