Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retrieving game server info

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0s

Programmer
Apr 15, 2004
US
Hello, Im wondering if anyone knows how i would go about retrieving information from my server for call of duty 4? im writing this in vc++.net 2003. I want to retrieve various information like how many players are on the server, names, pb enabled or disabled etc...Im also going to be doing making a part for changing maps and gametypes, but i pretty much know how to do that i just need to know how to send commands to the server thru my program. Any ideas or pointing me in the right direction would be great. Thanks

Just an update. I pretty much found all the variables for call of duty 4 that i need. Like for the hostname display the variable is sv_hostname and if pb is enabled it sets the variable to 1. So i pretty much know which variables to retrieve info from or to send to, i just need to know how i can send and recieve them thru this program. Thanks

Take Call of Duty server-client protocol then implement it with socket i/o library...

yea already been trying that..but nevermind i figured out a new way of solving this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back