Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retrieving data from Sql Server and DB2 Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

rleftw

Programmer
Feb 6, 2002
US
I need help with a problem that I am having. I need to access two DB2 tables and a SQL Server table to retrieve data for a Crystal report that I need to develop. Records are selected from the DB2 tables based on parameters and when a record is selected, it then need to retrieve some additional data from the SQL Server table and shown in a report. Does anyone have an idea on how I should process with this task? Both DB2 and SQL Server are connected to the report via ODBC links.

You can join (inner) the tables in CR.

Other options include linking (not importing) the tables to an Access database and build your query in there, using it as the Crystal Report data source.

Or you might export data from one or the other databases on some schedule and use one or the other for a pseudo- Data Mart.

-k

You might want to check out Crystals article on connecting to multiple databases. It appears that they are phasing out this functionality. I have lost most of my functionality of accessing multiple databases on the same server (and having them acessed as a single data source).

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back