Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retrieving data for specific date

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbenaway

Instructor
Sep 19, 2002
I have 100s of iteams enter into excel by date. I am wanting a simple formula to enter to retrieve all entries of data that are specific to a certain day (date).
Example: Have 13 entries spreadout through the database with the date of September 18, 2012 (column A), and only want the data pulled specific to that date in (column B). This data is to be pulled from one sheet to a new sheet within excel.
Thanks again, cheers...

hi,

You could do this via a PivotTable.

You could Use the AutoFilter to filter the date column.

Presumably you have a row of unique headings for each column in your table.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Actually, it sounds as if the Advanced Filter would be better for this. You may want to have your criteria range on a separate worksheet from the main data. Be sure the fields in your criteria exactly match the fields on the main sheet.

To export to a different worksheet (as stated in your post),
Start on the sheet that is to "receive" the data.
On the Data tab, click the Advanced button.
Turn on the Copy to another location option.
Specify each of the ranges. You will have to navigate back to the other worksheets to do this.
In the "Copy to" field, enter the beginning cell address on the worksheet that will receive the data.

Hope this helps

@charlie,

Please explain why the Advanced Filter would be a better choice than a Pivot Table?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back