Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retrieve the 4 digits of a shortcode (XXXX) in a Voicemail PRO module 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdeltp

Technical User
Oct 4, 2019
MC
Hi all,

Based on the reading of this thread, I would like to associate a shortcode (eg. *988XXXX) with a "generic" module in the voicemail pro, such that we can retrieve the 4 "XXXX" digits in the vmpro module.
I have tried everything, nothing works ...

2021-01-13_09h59_19_snskzd.png

On reading the last line of this thread (statement still relevant ?) :
sizbut said:
Meantime you are right, it is a strange exception in the IP Office / VMPro relationship not to have a special short code character for passing digits straight to a call variable

I wonder if it's really doable ... maybe by going through a database ...
Any help or proposal will be appreciated

It depends how the calls reach the module, usually you can use $TARGET or $CALLED, but easiest way to find out is to do a verbose trace on VM Pro. This will show what the common variables are set to when the call enters VM Pro.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

On the Sysmon, when I analyze only vmail events, I see that $called and $target have same value and there are the internal user called ..

What are you trying to accomplish? :)

So calls are forwarded to this shortcode when dialing a user?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

You shortcode on the IPO should be
Code - *988XXXX
Feature - Voicemail Node
Tel Number - "TestNode",N

Then on the Voicemail Pro module have the first action after the start point be a Menu with ???? on Touch Tones and then a Generic that assigns $KEY to the Variable (CP0 or whatever to use later on)

Useful if you want one Generic greeting message for the whole system then forward onto which ever group you want to answer.

Dear @IPOLackey,
Superb !

Thank you for your help !! Solution : "TestNode",N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back