Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retrieve SMS from iPhone 4 ios6

Status
Not open for further replies.

lagg

Technical User
Oct 14, 2002
IE
Hi all,

I had my laptop stolen last week so I have no iTunes backup of my iPhone 4. I have now deleted a very important SMS message by mistake. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to retrieve it. I need a direct connection to iPhone not an option to interrogate iTunes backups. Also to let you know I have tried Dr. Fone by Wonderland which is excellent for ios5 but doesn't seem to be quite so good for ios6. Please help!!

I'm not familiar with Dr. Fone but jailbreaking will give you access to all the contents on the iPhone. Once jailbroken, you can use SSH to connect to the phone or use an app like iPhoneBrowser.

Jailbreaking is mostly legal and should not be feared.
The only real concern with jailbreaking is voiding a warranty with Apple. But if you ever need to send your device back to the mother ship for repair, you can always reset it in iTunes and remove the jailbreaking junk. Apple will not know of any tampering.

Also, it is unlikely to find a deleted file. But there is always a possibility. I have found photos that were allegedly deleted from the photo roll.

Ecamm's PhoneView allows access to an iPod/iPhone/iPad contents without the need to jailbreak prior. However, like SpamJim writes, recovery of deleted items is unlikely.

soi là, soi carré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back