Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Retrieve Serial Number remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksas025

Technical User
Jun 3, 2004
US
Anyone know how to get a serial number of the PIX 515E V6.2 via the CLI. According to a colleague of mine the number given via the show version command is not the device's serial number but its processor board ID. Id hate to drive across town to get a number off the chassis.

And I know this is the wrong forum but I also have the same problem with 4 of my 3000 series Cisco routers.

Thanks for any help

I just did a "sho ver" on a ASA5510 and the serial numbers match.

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

Thanks for the reply.

I sent an email to Cisco so I could get a definitive answer on the subject of serial numbers and the show version command. According to them the serial number is not always the same as the sh ver command and the best place to get it is from the sticker on the device. Anyways, they recommend I contact my reseller or reference my purchasing documents for a correct serial number.

Oh well....

A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back